Early in the fall quarter of 1926 a group of undergraduate students at the Georgia State College of Agriculture met in
Lumpkin Hall to discuss the possibility of forming an agricultural fraternity. A local fraternity by the name Gamma Alpha was organized. This fraternity petitioned for a chapter with Alpha Gamma Rho in the fall of 1926. The petition was granted and on Feburary 14, 1927 fourteen members were initiated into the Alpha Eta chapter of Alpha Gamma Rho.